BA in Teacher Education; MA in Curriculum, Instruction, and Personal Development
Currently teaching at Cornerstone School in the Virgin Islands where she is the only teacher with a college degree.
“When I am highly recognized because of my accomplishment, I let them know that I could not have done it without PETNA. I am now delighted to pass the baton to this future generation, because PETNA foundation has made a valuable investment in my life.“
PETNA foundation taught me the importance of touching lives. Whilst I was at college in Ohio, I was involved in inner city ministries for three (3) years, where I helped the homeless, young people and children to deal with real life issues in their neighborhood, schools and homes, as well as teach them about biblical moral principles. I was mainly involved with the young people, where I was the Sunday school coordinator and Teacher. Also, I gave extra classes during the week to assist students with assignments they struggled with. I was able to undertake this ministry with great pride, because I knew that PETNA was doing the same by impacting my life in such a dynamic way.
Mr. & Mrs. Brathwaite and their children have been our family and friends away from home. The Brathwaites through the PETNA Foundation have supported me with the funds I needed to complete my three (3) years of undergrad education. During Thanksgiving vacations, they invited me to their home, so I would not feel home sick, and be left alone on campus on this memorable occasion. In addition, they provided me with a laptop computer for my Christmas present, which aid in my studies and my student teaching internship.
Mr. & Mrs. Brathwaite encouraged me to aim for the goal and never settle for less. After finishing my undergrad studies, I wanted to give up furthering my studies. I thought all hope was lost, because of my financial struggles, but I was wrong. When I informed the Brathwaites that the graduate school was only able to help with 25% of my education, they happily, through their foundation, provided me with the other 75%. This contribution made it possible for me to confidently move on to Grad school one month after attaining my BA degree in Teacher Education. This foundation came in from the back door and opened the way for me to enter the Graduate program at Cedarville University, where I am now pursuing a Masters of Arts in Curriculum, Instruction, and Personal Development. It was a dream come through. What more could I have asked from them? They have done it all. I am blessed.
Presently, I am a proud PETNA product at Cornerstone School in the Virgin Islands. At this school, I am fortunate to be the only teacher with a college degree. When I am highly recognized because of my accomplishment, I let them know that I could not have done it without PETNA. I am now delighted to pass the baton to this future generation, because PETNA foundation has made a valuable investment in my life. Thank you PETNA.